Saturday, March 15, 2014

From Sir Patrick Stewart's Forbes article. Sorry no link :(

1) Speak to people in the language they understand. (Or, it’s okay to threaten a Klingon.)
“In my experience, communication is a matter of patience and imagination. I would like to believe that these are qualities that we have in sufficient measure.”
...
2) When you’re overwhelmed, ask for help.
“You wanted to frighten us. We’re frightened. You wanted to show us we were inadequate. For the moment, I grant that. You wanted me to say ‘I need you.’? I NEED you!”
...
3) Always value ethical actions over expedient ones.
“There are times, sir, when men of good conscience cannot blindly follow orders.”
...
4) Challenge your team to help them grow.
“Lieutenant, you are a member of this crew, and you will not go into hiding whenever a Klingon vessel uncloaks!”
...
5) Don’t play it safe – seize opportunities in front of you.
“Seize the time… – live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.”

No comments:

Post a Comment